Asset Management DigitalAsset Workflow Management Material Manager Tape Archive Manegement Ingestion Systems Newsroom Computer System NewsCut 2D / 3D Video Graphics Server Palyout Automation and Scheduling Loggin or Compliance Recording System
Hall 8 Booth D91
Digital Once that a Media Company, such as a Television, has decided to move to a digital infrastructure, soon becomes important to find a way to manage the media in the digital domain. Feeds coming from various sources are digitized and then distributed across the local network and stored on various storage equipments. These storages may include: NAS, SAN, Editing Stations, Videoserver and Digital Tape Library.
A Digital Asset Management, such as MediaXplorer, is the only answer to the requirements to manage the media in a digital domain.
MediaXplorer provides several innovative features in addition to the typical features available in any DAM:
– Ingestion to digitize the feeds or upload feeds already digitized such as the ones coming from a file system, a FTP, a DVD, a Panasonic © P2® or a SONY© XDCAM®
– Metadata Management including MXF, “IPTC Header” and Adobe© PDF®
– Content processing, including Unique Material Identifier, Scene Change Analysis and Transcoding
– Content life-cycle management
– Cataloguing, Postlog, Logging, Full Text Search, Advanced Search Operators, EDL creation
– Editing and Voice Over
– Interface to Newsroom Computer Systems
– Interface to Traffic and Playout Systems
– Interface to Web Content Management through XML
– Interface to Digital Tape Libraries
– Interface to Recording/Logging systems
– Interface or integration with proprietary file systems or videoserver (such as Omneon©, Harris-Leitch©, SeaChange©, etc.)
In a nutshell, MediaXplorer delivers full exploitation of multimedia in general, and especially of video and audio assets, through an architecture that enjoys wide and unconditional acceptance in the multimedia and broadcasting industry
MediaXplorer is different
However the way in which MediaXplorer works is completely different from other systems. First of all MediaXplorer has a SOA Architecture (Service-Oriented Architecture) based on SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) and with extensive use of XML-UNICODE as well as plug-ins.
This architecture assures the most open environment, very easy to use, to maintain and to integrate with any third parties application.
MediaXplorer introduces, for the first time in a DAM, many innovative solutions and technologies which truly break with other available “legacy” DAMs, while throwing the base for the next generation of Digital Asset Management Systems.
MediaXplorer 4.0 includes the following features:
. Best price/performance ratio, designed for Television, based on STANDARD and very OPEN technologies
. Very easy to use and to maintain.
. Support any language (UNICODE) and multiple languages all together
. Powerful database support
. Capability to manage any kind of A/V codec
. Integrated with NRCS (Newsroom Computer System)
. Fully XML UNICODE based
. Include 6 very advanced and unique features:
1. Full text search – Multi-value fields: Metadata are always full text searchable and like in the modern internet search engines the system ranks and sorts the search results in order to present first the assets most close to the search criteria, not just the “first items” that matches the criteria. Fields can be multi-value, it means, for example, no more “author1”,
“author2”, “author3” as in legacy record/field based database.
2. Customizable Metadata and Database Fields: by XML the administration of the system can build its own database defining metadata schemas (video, audio, picture, document, etc) each with its own metadata sets.
Adding, or removing schemas, metadata or metadata predefined values is as easy as changing an XML text file and any change is immediately and automatically working. There is no need for developers to upgrade the database. The customer self-maintains his database and may start from simple metadata sets sure they will be able to extend them according to his experience.
With the same technology the user can change the Language of the database.
3. Hashing: all file uploaded or ingested in the MAM are “hashed” with unique MD5 signature. No way to lose this asset or duplicate assets
4. Web Services, Plug-ins and API: with Web Services, Plug-ins and API is possible to fully customize MediaXplorer without the need to change the code of the application
5. Workflow, Job and Life-Cycle management: support graphical interface to design workflows.
6. Security: support MS-Active Directory for maximum access security.