RCS @ Mobile World Congress 2010
Mobile World Congress 2010 in Barcelona will be the place where operators, vendors, and application developers converge to review key milestones achieved, and outline future RCS strategies. A range of different activities are planned across the four days of Mobile World Congress to demonstrate progress made in key initiatives:
The App Garage, located on Stand 7APG in Hall 7, is the central point for the GSMA’s app-related programmes and initiatives. It’s a great place to mingle with industry peers to explore new business and service opportunities. App Garage features a number of RCS initiatives:
- RCS Dev Challenge: Here we will be showcasing the winners and a selection of entries from the GSMA’s recent developer contest. The following developers have been shortlisted in each category:
- Ecrio, Neusoft Mobile Solutions and Nokia have been shortlisted for Best RCS Client (Mobile Solution).
- Devstrom, Ecrio and Movial Applications Oy have been shortlisted for Best RCS Client (PC Solution).
- Colibria, Genaker and Hewlett-Packard have been shortlisted for Best RCS Innovation.
- Comneon GmbH has been awarded a Judge’s Special Mention.
- RCS Project Team: Meet with fellow operators to learn about the recent pre-commercial trials, and discuss how to set up interoperable trials in your country.
- App Garage Seminar Theatre: Stop by each day for demonstrations and 30 minute master class presentations from RCS operators, infrastructure providers and DevChallenge entrants.
The Rich Communication Suite Seminar
Commencing at 13:30 on Wednesday 17th February in the main Seminar Theatre, Stand 7SEM, Hall 7
RCS lets operators leverage a key asset – a user’s presence-enabled address phone book – for business growth. C-Level operators and RCS industry representatives will share their reasons for investing in RCS, provide pre-commercial pilot updates, and outline future developments.
Seating is on a first come first served basis.
Explore the RCS Ecosystem
A range of mobile infrastructure and solutions providers will be showcasing RCS deployments on their own stands during Mobile World Congress. Please ensure you visit the following members of the RCS community:
- Acme Packet , the leader in session border control, located in Suite AV80, will be providing live demonstrations of videoshare and mediacast with partner Aylus Networks. Further RCS solution details are available at http://www.acmepacket.com/sipo3g
- Alcatel-Lucent will feature RCS content in two locations: Stand 7D61 in Hall 7 and stand 8A147 in Hall 8. Live demonstrations will be provided on all 4 days. Further details are available fromhttp://www.alcatel-lucent.com/features/rich_communication/comm_no_barriers.html
- Aylus Networks™ ( http://www.aylus.com/), invites you to discover how our mobile broadband solutions can help manage your wireless network bandwidth explosion and offer new session-based multimedia services, including RCS content sharing , in meeting room, 4.6HS07
- Ericsson will be showing the latest version of their RCS solution in Hall 6. This live demo delivers the core features of GSMA RCS, and shows how RCS can become a central element in enabling consumers to share experiences and interact with Social Networks. For more details please visithttp://www.ericsson.com/rcs
- Gemalto, located on Stand 8A102, will demonstrate its new Mobile Broadband PC client that will gather all RCS functionality expected by the operators, including VoIP, send SMS, send MMS, IM, video call, and document sharing.
- Nokia Siemens Networks will be presenting RCS products and services from Stand 8C01 in Hall 8. Come and see how to transform CSPs from service providers into experience providers with RCS. Additional information is available at http://www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com/rcs
- Solaiemes (Hall 7, pod IZ12) introduce their RCSGW and RCS TV widget. Attract developers since the early launch, with your choice of servers and clients. Minimum investment, low risk to test different business models. More info at http://tinyurl.com/sol-rcsgw